Here are nine things you probably don't know about me:
DRIVING RELAXES ME. I love driving my car alone at night with the stereo full blast. I like listening to upbeat Christian music from WOW 2007 or Katinas (Timeless). And the slow worship songs usher me to my alone time with God, especially "Who Am I" by Casting Crowns, "Cry Out to Jesus" by Third Day, and "How Great is Our God" by Chris Tomlin. Nothing gives me such solace as the street lights, the great music, and the gas pedal.
I LOVE ROAD TRIPS. Whether it's with my husband and kids, or with a group of friends, it doesn't matter -- as long as there's food and music. Even a simple trip to the mall with Mia and Miguel in the car with me is such a joy already. When the Katinas' "Shut the Do'" plays, we're ready to burst into song (we have our own choreography, too!). Lately, the kids' favorite has been Gary V's fast-paced "Shake It Off". Even Doy gets to dance along sometimes. Wouldn't it be great if life were one big musical?
I LOVE BOOTS. No, I don't mean me. I'm talking about footwear. If I'm not wearing my comfy Skechers rubber shoes, I'm always in my leather Hush Puppies (they come in brown and black). I've had these two sets of boots for about two years now, and it saves me the hassle of choosing from many shoes every day. It actually makes my husband happy that he doesn't have to buy me new shoes every now and then!
I HAVE TERRIBLE TEMPER FLARE-UPS. Some people say they can't imagine me being angry, but my husband and kids would attest to these temper tantrums. I am easily upset by a messy house and a noisy atmosphere. And my mood is directly proportional to the weather hehehe. The cooler the day, the happier I am, and the hotter it is, the greater the tendency for a flare-up to occur. So it is for quite a good reason that I love rainy days. It's God's way of telling me, "Hey, calm down and just chill."
I HAVE 7 PET PEEVES. These are not in order, but these things get the better of me: (1) crazy drivers on the street, (2) people who litter everywhere (somebody who tosses garbage out of a moving vehicle makes me want to overtake and get that person to come down so I can give him a piece of my mind), (3) people who inconsiderately smoke in airconditioned areas (as though they're doing you a favor by sharing their smoke), (4) people who use and abuse other people to get what they want, (5) bad manners and wrong conduct, (6) and (like I said) a messy house, and (7) a hot, humid day.
I AM NOT A PEOPLE PERSON. I have bad memory when it comes to remembering names and faces, so instead of getting to know someone, I just usually smile and keep to myself. But if the occasion calls for it, I do try to break through my shell and get out of my comfort zone. Thank God for people who broke through this wall and tried to get to know me despite this!
I USED TO READ A LOT. Before, I could read a thick novel in two sittings. Now, I could barely finish a single book in a year. That is pathetic compared to my husband, who could read about a dozen books annually. I don't know, but I just fall asleep almost as soon as I start reading a chapter...must be old age hehe. Or maybe the kids just keep me busy with other stuff. But I'm glad to say that I've finished one book this year already...yey! I was able to read "Captivating" from cover to cover, and currently I'm in the middle of "Wild at Heart" by John and Stasi Eldredge.
I AM AN ORGANIZED FREAK. When I go to the mall, I have this urge to buy stuff that would help organize my life. Even Mia's closet is proof of this! (see above pic) I have tool kits of different shapes and sizes. In high school, I was called a "walking bookstore". I had everything in my purple backpack -- from adhesive to punchers and staplers, and of course all sorts of paper. I would stay in National Bookstore for hours on end just staring at (and buying) different kinds of paper in all colors and textures, as though they were comfort food or something. If you come to my house, I could show you my color-coded tool boxes (so that I find all blue ribbons, paper, and accessories in my blue toolbox; and all red foil, stickers, and trinkets in my red toolbox, so on and so forth). I have seven to be exact: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and black. I have yet to find a brown one (I've been looking for one for years) -- maybe you can gift me with one?
I CAN'T SLEEP WITHOUT MY FAVORITE PILLOW. It's actually a cushion that I put under my feet for "texture purposes". This pillow has similar feel to a carpet or a cloth-covered sofa. When I rub it against my foot, it gives me a tingling sensation -- I don't know if you get what I mean. I've had this since I was a child and I've brought it to many places: to camps, on vacations, and even to my honeymoon. Once, my sister and my friend played a nasty trick on me. They took my pillow away and brought it to another city right before I was about to sleep. I drove about 5 kilometers to get to where they were, grabbed my pillow the moment I got in (at the same time giving them an angry look), and was out of there within seconds of arriving. And I've slept happily ever after.
I CAN'T SLEEP WITHOUT MY FAVORITE PILLOW. It's actually a cushion that I put under my feet for "texture purposes". This pillow has similar feel to a carpet or a cloth-covered sofa. When I rub it against my foot, it gives me a tingling sensation -- I don't know if you get what I mean. I've had this since I was a child and I've brought it to many places: to camps, on vacations, and even to my honeymoon. Once, my sister and my friend played a nasty trick on me. They took my pillow away and brought it to another city right before I was about to sleep. I drove about 5 kilometers to get to where they were, grabbed my pillow the moment I got in (at the same time giving them an angry look), and was out of there within seconds of arriving. And I've slept happily ever after.
Psalms 139:1-14 GOD, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand. (2) I'm an open book to you; even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking. (3) You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your sight. (4) You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence. (5) I look behind me and you're there, then up ahead and you're there, too-- your reassuring presence, coming and going. (6) This is too much, too wonderful-- I can't take it all in! The Message
No comments:
Post a Comment