Here are a few quips from my 8-year-old Miguel and 3-year-old Mia:
(After being grounded for two days for disobeying)
Miguel: "Mommy, is this the last day of my groundation?"
(While eating lunch)
Mia: "Kuya, be careful not to drop your rice on the floor, okay?"
Miguel: "Okay." (looking annoyed)
Mia: "Mommy," (saying as-a-matter-of-factly), "I told Kuya not to drop his rice on the floor. Because that's his problem."
(While eating breakfast with Mum)
Mia: "Mommy, when Uncle Ian looks in the box, Alvin, Simon, and Theodore weren't there anymore, and then the toy says, 'Konbanwa. Watashi wa Alvin desu.'" (giggles)
(Singing in the car)
Miguel: "Old King Cole was a merry old soul and a merry old soul was he; He climbed up in a sycamore tree for the Lord he wanted to see."
(Looking intently at her kuya playing Super Mario Brothers)
Mia: "Mommy, I think you should buy me a Gameboy -- a pink one."
Mia: "Good morning, Mommy."
Me: "Good morning, baby. You want to pee-pee in the potty?"
Mia: "Yes..." (pauses) "...and I also want to go to Hongkong."
No comments:
Post a Comment