MIA: "Mommy, is that Michael Jackson?"
MOMMY: "No, it's not, baby."
MIA: "Okay."
(A few hours later we fetch Miguel from school and the same song plays again)
MIGUEL: "That's a nice song. Who's the singer, Mommy?"
MIA: "NOT Michael Jackson!"
(How I know why those trips to the ladies' section where the wigs are displayed made an impression.)
MIA: "Mommy, why do you have brown hair?"
MOMMY: "Because God gave me brown hair."
MIA: "Where did God get your hair?" (Thinks for a bit.) "Oh, I know! From SM!"
(Reading "Yakkk, Bulutong-Tubig!" at bedtime)
MIGUEL: "Naku, Jaycee, ayaw pang bumangon. Mabigat daw ang katawan niya."
MOMMY: "Okay, what does katawan mean?"
MIGUEL: "Uh...funny?"
(In the car, after-school conversation)
MIA: "Mommy, maliit means big."
MOMMY: "No, maliit means small. Malaki means big."
MIA: "How did you know that?" (big, doe eyes)
MOMMY: "I know, because I'm a Filipino."
MIA: "You are?!"
(Running in SM ahead of Mommy)
MOMMY: "Mia, please don't run or you'll fall again."
MIA: "Don't worry, I'll be careful-ing this time."
(Watching David Foster's "Hitman" concert on DVD. David introduces Babyface before he sings "I Swear" with brother, Kevan)
DAVID FOSTER: "Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome the unbelievably talented--my friend--Kenny 'Babyface' Edmonds!"
MIA: (with a puzzled look) "But he's not a baby!"
(While shampooing Mia's hair)
MIA: "Mommy, I like the story about Abraham and Isaac. Sacrifice means to kill and to burn with fire."
MOMMY: "Yes, that's right."
MIA: "Abraham had another son, but I forgot his name."
MOMMY: "His name was Ishmael."
MIA: "Oh, yeah! Why do you know, Mommy?"
MOMMY: "I just know."
MIA: "You mean you went to Kinder 2, too?!"
No comments:
Post a Comment