Sometimes I wish
I had the ability to freeze time
That they would always be
The children that they are
I had the ability to freeze time
That they would always be
The children that they are
Or perhaps rewind a day or two --
Oh, can I?
Oh, can I?
The day they were born
The first smile
The first time they said, "Mommy"
The first step towards my outstretched arms?
But I realize
That as long as there is God
The world will keep on turning
And they will keep on growing up
That as long as there is God
The world will keep on turning
And they will keep on growing up
So while I can
I take some mental photographs
I hold their hands
I kiss their lips
I memorize their smells
I cherish every hug
I take some mental photographs
I hold their hands
I kiss their lips
I memorize their smells
I cherish every hug
I pray that I don't lose a day
And fail to say "I love you"
Because someday
All I will ever hold
Are memories of their childhood
Nothing more than memories
Blowing in the wind
And fail to say "I love you"
Because someday
All I will ever hold
Are memories of their childhood
Nothing more than memories
Blowing in the wind
No comments:
Post a Comment