Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things 16

(Mia and Mommy just ate lunch)
MIA:  "Mommy, can I have some ice cream?"
MOMMY:  "But you just told me you were already full."
MIA:  "I think my food gas is full, but my ice cream gas is low."


(Singing to Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance" from my Glee cd)
LADY GAGA:  "I don't wanna be friends...  I don't wanna be friends..."
MIA:  "But, Mommy, how come she doesn't want to be French?"


(Miguel and Mia are playing games on the computer, but Miguel keeps glancing at the television)
MIA:  "Kuya, I see you're being distracted by the TV."
MIGUEL:  "No uy."
MIA:  "Ugggh.  I see you also looking at the TV!"
(The sister is super strict!)


(Passing by the University of the Philippines)
MOMMY:  "This is where Mommy went to college, you know."
MIGUEL:  "Ummm...Mommy, why is there a naked guy standing in front of your school?"


(Listening to a song entitled "Fire" by Krystal Meyers)
MEYERS:  "I know that it's your will, So I'm gonna shine until, I'm a city on a hill, And they can see you."
MIA:  "Huh?  City on a hill -- that's a talampas!"


(Trying to trick the little ones to eat fruitcake with me)
MOMMY:  "Okay, who wants to eat popcorn?"
MIGUEL and MIA:  "Me!  Me!  Me!"
MOMMY:  "Who wants to eat ice cream?"
MIGUEL and MIA:  "Me!  Me!  Me!"
MOMMY:  "Yay.  Who wants to eat fruitcake?"
MIGUEL and MIA:  (Silent for 5 seconds)
MIA:  "Cricket sound...eeh...eeh...eeh."


(Daddy took the kids on a breakfast date at Jollibee)
MIA:  "Mommy, you know, when we went to Jollibee last Sunday with Daddy, there were a lot of Japanese!"
MOMMY:  "Really?"
MIA:  "Yes!  And you know why we know?"
MOMMY:  "Why?"
MIA:  "They actually look Chinese, but Daddy knew they were Japanese because of their language!"



(Mommy is trying to get Miguel to play Scrabble with her)
MOMMY:  "Kuya, come na and play Scrabble with me!"
MIGUEL:  "Later na, Mommy.  I still want to play on the computer."
MOMMY:  "Ay, sige na, I won't prepare snacks for you if you don't play Scrabble."
MIGUEL:  "Ugggh, Mommy, I don't even force you to play with me!"



(Miguel and Mia are on a date with Tita Gingging and Mama Claire at a coffee shop in the mall)
MIGUEL:  "Tita Gingging, I want to drink a chocolate milkshake but they don't have it here."
TITA GINGGING:  "Okay, just go to Bo's Coffee and buy your milkshake there."
MAMA CLAIRE:  "Do you know where it is, Miguel?  You might get lost!"
MIGUEL:  "It's just next door, Mama."
(Later, when Mama and Mia were in the comfort room)
MIGUEL:  "Tita Gingging, Mama worries too much, 'no?"
TITA GINGGING:  "Yeah.  She does."
MIGUEL:  "She needs to lighten up.  She needs to find inner peace."

1 comment:

Ging B. said...

Yeah... Mama needs inner peace... very insightful, Miguel. And Mia's cricket sound is hilarious!