Saturday, April 18, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things 6

(Mia, Maddie, and Meg were playing with Mia's kitchen set in the room while I took a bath. Mia was alone when I came back.)
ME: "Mia, where's Meg and Maddie?"
MIA: "I took them to their Mommy."
ME: "Why?"
MIA: "Maegan hit Maddie because they were not taking turns cooking."
ME: "So why did you take them to their Mommy?"
MIA: "Because it's time to say sorry."



(My sister-in-law Mhil is investigating the two girls after Mia brought them to her. Miguel is playing at the computer but listening to their conversation.)
MHIL: "Maegan, did you hit Maddie?"
MEG: "I don't remember."
MHIL: "How could you not remember? That's not possible. How about you, Maddie? Did you hit your sister?"
MADDIE: "I did not!"
MEG: "But I felt something hit my leg!"
MIGUEL: "We need evidence!"




(The 3 girls are playing in the blue room and Maddie and Maegan are arguing again.)
MIA: "Hey, guys, stop quarreling. We need to work together!"



(Mommy is testing Mia's listening skills.)
ME: "Who's the prettiest baby?!"
MIA: "Me!"
ME: "Who's the love of Mommy?!"
MIA: "Me!"
ME: "Who's the love of Daddy?!"
MIA: "Me!"
ME: "Who keeps disobeying?!
MIA: "Ummm...Kuya!"



(Trying to find parking space in SM)
ME: "Why are we in SM again?"
MIGUEL: "Nachos!"
ME: "Nachos?! What kind of reason is that?"
MIGUEL: "Food reason!"



(While eating dinner)
MIA: "Mommy, if you eat plenty of food, there will be a baby in your tummy."
ME: "What?!"
MIA: "Yeah. Food turns into a baby."

No comments: