Thursday, July 31, 2008

Kids Say the Darndest Things Part 2

Here are a few more quips from my kids. I was able to jot these down, although I must say there are still a lot I can't seem to remember. Hopefully, I'd do better next time.

(During a usual conversation in the car)
Mia: Mommy, Jesus turned water into wine.
Me: Really?
Mia: Yes. And that's why it's blueberry.

(Doy speaking to Miguel while eating dinner at a local food shop)
Daddy: Get me some Lift soda please, Miguel.
Miguel: Is that a Coke? or a Sprite? or a Royal?
Daddy: It's the name of a softdrink, Kuya.
Mia: Duh!

(Scanning through Mia's baby pictures)
Miguel: Mommy, when Mia was born, did she have hair?
Me: Yes, she had long hair.
Mia: And, Kuya, Dr. Bevs said, "It's a girl!"

(Looking at Miguel's delivery room photos)
Mia: Kuya, is that blood?
Miguel: Yes.
Mia: Did it hurt you, Kuya? Don't worry. Mommy's holding you gently, okay?

(Miguel talking about his 2nd Grade Filipino teacher)
Miguel: Mommy, I don't like Teacher Kristie.
Me: Why?
Miguel: She keeps teaching me another language!


No comments: